Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- 8 six-ounce servingsServings
- 2 medium beets, peeled
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shoyu
- Sea salt to taste
- 3-5 grinds of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 head of frisée, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
1. Cut beets into long strands by turning on spiralizer (alternately, you can use a mandolin to julienne beets, or a box grater or food processor to shred them).
2. In a medium bowl combine orange juice, balsamic, shoyu, salt and pepper together and pour over beets. Place in the refrigerator for one hour in a covered bowl.
3. Toss with chives, parsley and adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
4. Serve over a bed of frisee.