Melted dark chocolate and baked bananas add a gooey decadence to classic bread pudding.
- Butter for greasing
- 3 cups whole milk
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 8 cups day-old whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups dark-chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 oz) light coconut milk
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease eight 8-oz ramekins with butter. In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
2. Gently toss in bananas, bread, and 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Stir to moisten bread. Divide mixture between ramekins. Bake until pudding is set, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring coconut milk to a simmer. Place remaining 11/4 cup chocolate chips in a second bowl; pour coconut milk over top. Cover bowl until chocolate melts, 3 minutes. Stir chocolate-milk mixture until smooth; spoon chocolate sauce over pudding just before serving.
See also Spicy Collards with Vinegar
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 76
- Carbohydrate Content: 82 g
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16 g