Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Melted dark chocolate and baked bananas add a gooey decadence to classic bread pudding.
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease eight 8-oz ramekins with butter. In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
2. Gently toss in bananas, bread, and 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Stir to moisten bread. Divide mixture between ramekins. Bake until pudding is set, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring coconut milk to a simmer. Place remaining 11/4 cup chocolate chips in a second bowl; pour coconut milk over top. Cover bowl until chocolate melts, 3 minutes. Stir chocolate-milk mixture until smooth; spoon chocolate sauce over pudding just before serving.
See also Spicy Collards with Vinegar
- Serving Size 8
- Calories 76
- Carbohydrate Content 82 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 16 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g