Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These stay tender as they cool, so you can reheat leftovers with equally delicious results.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and baking soda in mixing bowl. Purée bananas, yogurt, egg, brown rice syrup and oil in blender until smooth. Fold wet ingredients into flour mixture, and stir until smooth. Stir in raisins and nuts. Let batter rest 10 minutes. Add a little water if too thick.
- Heat nonstick griddle over medium-low heat until drop of water sizzles on surface. Coat with cooking spray.
- Pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear near edges of pancakes. Flip, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until golden. Serve with syrup and fresh fruit, if desired.
- Serving Size Serves 4 (makes 12 pancakes)
- Calories 433
- Carbohydrate Content 77 g
- Cholesterol Content 57 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 746 mg
- Sugar Content 32 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g