Try this healthy treat that satisfies kids’ and adults’ sweet cravings alike.
- 3/4 cup gluten-free baking flour mix (Bob’s Red Mill or Cup4Cup)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small (about 1/2 cup) ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup finely grated zucchini
- 2 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate or carob chips
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
Heat oven to 350°. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
In a second bowl, mix coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add banana, zucchini, and 2 tbsp water, and stir until incorporated. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the oats and chocolate or carob chips. Chill dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat foil lightly with cooking spray. Form dough into 24 balls, and place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Flatten tops with your fingers. Bake until just golden on top, 10–12 minutes.
- Serving Size: 24
- Calories: 108
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g