Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Marinated tempeh simmered with sweet bell peppers in a barbecue sauce makes a delicious weekday meal. Serve it over rice or as sandwiches on toasted multigrain rolls.
- Marinade: In small bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Tempeh: Place tempeh in a shallow bowl and pour marinade over it. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Drain tempeh and reserve marinade. Cut tempeh into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Coat bottom of large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add marinade and all remaining ingredients except salt and pepper to skillet. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mixture thickens, mashing cubes of tempeh slightly with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 222
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 215 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g