Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This dish can turn any meal into a walloping country-style bash. It makes a perfect companion for a tossed green salad and a dessert favoritelemon meringue pie.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 2-quart ovenproof baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium heat, and sauté tofu, celery, onion, chile and cabbage. Cook about 8 minutes, and add baked beans, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and apples. Continue cooking about 5 minutes more.
- Line baking dish with cornbread, going up sides of dish. Spoon bean mixture into baking dish, and top with cornbread, making top crust. Drizzle remaining barbecue sauce over top, and dot with butter.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until cornbread starts to turn golden. Serve hot.
- Serving Size SERVES 6 TO 8
- Calories 310
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 450 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g