Even tofu skeptics will clamor for seconds! Use a good-quality prepared barbecue sauce.
MEAL PLAN: Microwave several medium red potatoes on high, allowing 2 to 3 minutes per potato, while the tofu mixture is baking. Team with a simple tossed salad to round out your meal.
- 1 lb. firm or extra-firm tofu
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, or 1 of each, cut into wide strips
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced, rings separated
- 3/4 to 1 cup barbecue sauce, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil large roasting pan.
- Drain tofu, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Blot thoroughly between kitchen towels or several layers of paper towels. Cut slices into strips or dice.
- In large bowl, combine tofu with remaining ingredients, and stir gently until well blended. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan.
- Bake until heated through, stirring once or twice, 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 87
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 328 mg