Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
You can add a splash of color by garnishing the dish with minced parsley, if desired. Finish the meal with a fruit yogurt.
- Cook barley according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, and sauté garlic, leeks and zucchini about 8 minutes, or until leeks wilt and zucchini softens and turns golden.
- When barley is cooked, spoon into skillet, and sauté with leeks and zucchini, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, spoon onto individual plates and garnish with crumbled feta. Serve while hot. Alternatively, set this aside, and serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 220 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g