30 minutes or fewer
A powerhouse ingredient such as deeply flavored red miso paste (instead of the milder white or yellow varieties) is the key to this super-easy soup. Just don't boil it—boiling brings out a bitter taste in miso and kills the healthful probiotic enzymes that are so good for you.
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cubed firm tofu
- 1/4 cup chopped winter greens (such as spinach or chard)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Tbs. red miso paste, or to taste
- Simmer broth in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tofu, greens and green onions, reduce heat to medium, and cook about 5 minutes, or until greens are just wilted.
- Stir in miso, and barely simmer (do not boil). Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 14
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 380 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g