Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- Scrub carrots, potato and turnip well. Peel potato and turnip, if desired. Chop vegetables coarsely, peel tomato if using, and place all vegetables in stockpot. Add water and salt to taste.
- To make bouquet garni, combine bay leaf, thyme, parsley, garlic and peppercorns in cheesecloth, and tie with string. Add to stockpot.
- Bring stock to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes, skimming stock occasionally. When done, remove bouquet garni and discard.
- Cool stock for 1 hour in pot, and strain. Use immediately or store in tightly sealed container in refrigerator.
- Serving Size Makes about 2 1/2 Quarts
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g