Corral some out-West flavors by assembling these easy-to-find ingredients for a substantial lunch. You can readily expand this recipe for more robust appetites, or begin the meal with a chunky vegetable soup. Conclude with slices of apple pie or a stack of apple-oatmeal cookies. Offer hot cider as a complementary beverage.
- 6 oz. BBQ-flavored tofu
- 2 4-oz. slices cornbread, about 4x4 inches square
- 6 oz. vegan cheese slices, cheddar cheese flavored
- 1 cup vegetarian baked beans, heated through
- 1/4 cup soy “bacon” bits
- Preheat broiler. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice tofu in half horizontally. Heat skillet over medium heat, and grill tofu halves until golden on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, arrange cornbread slices on baking pan. Top with sliced tofu and cheese slices, and broil until cheese melts, for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven, top with equal portions of beans, sprinkle with soy “bacon” bits and serve
- Serving Size: Serves 2
- Calories: 730
- Carbohydrate Content: 98 g
- Cholesterol Content: 45 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 2800 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g