Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Arrange this salad on a shallow platter rather than in a deep bowl to show off the colorful toppings.
1. To make Lemon Dressing: Whisk together all dressing ingredients in bowl or shake in jar.
2. To make Salad: Cook beets in boiling water 20 to 30 minutes, or until easily pierced with knife. Drain and cool. Cut off stem ends, and rub off peel. Cut beets into thin wedges. Toss beets with vinegar in bowl, cover, and chill.
3. Cut fennel in half lengthwise, and thinly slice each half into semicircles. Transfer to separate bowl. Cut peel from oranges, and cut orange sections from pith. Do this over bowl of fennel slices, squeezing extra juice into bowl and adding orange sections. Cover, and chill.
4. Combine greens, radicchio, and red onion on large platter. Top with fennel and oranges, then beets and olives. Drizzle 2 to 3 Tbs. Lemon Dressing over Salad. Serve remaining dressing on side.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 167
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 332 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g