The season's coolest treats are loaded with good-for-you antioxidants—and no added sugar.
- Makes 6 to 8 popsServings
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups fresh fruit chunks
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup liquid (juice or water)
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the fresh fruit chunks and your liquid of choice.
2. Blend until smooth, or pulse until slightly chunky.
3. Spoon into pop molds, insert sticks and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
1. When filling molds, leave about 1/4 inch at top of the mold, as the mixture expands.
2. Use freshly squeezed juice like OJ for added sweetness and flavor, or nondairy milks for creamy mixes. Coconut water or plain water work, too.
3. Use pop molds made with BPA-free plastic, such as Tovolo's Groovy Pop Mold set, or try stainless steel ice pop molds from Onyx.
4. Very juicy fruits, like melons, have a high water content and may not need extra liquid to puree. If you start with frozen fruit, you may need to add up to 1/2 cup more liquid.