Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Place beets in a baking pan; drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool. Dice finely, and place in a large bowl.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the mushrooms, scallions, carrots, cumin, and paprika, and cook, stirring until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add to bowl with beets.
3. Pulse cashews in a food processor to a fine powder. Add to bowl.
4. Pulse chickpeas in food processor to a thick paste. Add to bowl.
5. Add rice, salt, pepper, and mustard to bowl; mix well.
6. Press the mixture into 6 patties, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
7. Grill on medium-high heat or sear patties in a hot, well-oiled frying pan for 4 to 5 minutes; flip carefully with spatula and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serving Size Makes 6 burgers
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g