Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- 6-8 servingsServings
- 2 pounds beets
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches watercress, stemmed
- 2 heads Belgian endive
1. Trim beets leaving root and at least one inch of stem intact.
2. Place beets with water to cover in medium pressure cooker. Bring to full pressure, lower heat and cook until just tender when pierced with a sharp knife (large beets, 30 minutes; medium beets, 20 minutes; small beets, 15 minutes).
3. Drain, cool and peel beets; cut into julienne and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine vinegar and mustard; slowly whisk in oil; add beets; toss together lightly and let marinate 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Arrange watercress, endive and beets on salad plate.
See Also: Celery Vichyssoise with Potatoes