Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
A savory dish with a great blend of flavors.
MEAL PLAN: Serve with a mesclun salad topped with thinly sliced cucumbers and dressed with a traditional mix of olive oil and vinegar.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add bell peppers and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Cover and cook until peppers are soft and browned all over but not mushy, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomato, garlic and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, stirring often, about 7 minutes. Stir in basil and parsley. Keep warm over low heat.
- Make polenta: In medium saucepan, bring broth and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Slowly drizzle in cornmeal, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and cook, whisking continuously, until polenta reaches the consistency of soft mashed potatoes, about 5 minutes. Whisk in butter and cheese.
- Spoon mound of polenta on each serving plate and top with vegetables.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 328
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 321 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g