Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
At Haramara retreat, soups like this one are the basis for light but nutritious midday meals.
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and stir frequently until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and bell pepper and cook until bell pepper softens, 2 to 3 more minutes. Stir in cumin.
2. Add beans, water, and tomato paste and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Add more water if mixture becomes too thick.
3. Remove about 2 cups of soup and blend in a blender until smooth; return blended portion to pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Hugo Roberto Gutiérrez Marrón, the head chef at Haramara retreat near Sayulita, Mexico.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g