30 minutes or fewer
Canned black soybeans, high in protein and fiber, replace the traditional bulgur. Combining them with crunchy, high-fiber fresh veggies makes a perfect lunch.
- 1 15-oz. can black soybeans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 packed cup chopped Italian parsley leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packed cup mint leaves, cut into thin strips
- Combine soybeans, tomatoes, green pepper and parsley in mixing bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk lemon juice with salt and cayenne. Mix in oil. Pour over bean mixture; toss well. Mix in mint. Let sit 20 minutes so flavors meld. Will keep in refrigerator 24 hours, tightly covered.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 650 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g