Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This vegan take on an old-fashioned dessert will become a summer favorite. Serve à la mode with soy ice cream, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 9-inch springform pan and wrap bottom with foil.
- To make Streusel: Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in bowl. Stir in oil 1 Tbs. at a time until mixture looks crumbly.
- To make Cake: Sift flours and baking powder into bowl. Whisk syrup, oil, vanilla and salt in second bowl.
- Stir syrup mixture into flour mixture. Fold in berries.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle streusel over top. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes on wire rack. Cool 15 minutes, unmold, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 12
- Calories 305
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 262 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g