If you've ever delighted in one of those big glazed slices of cake sold in the case at coffee shops, you'll love this recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 2 Tbs. Cointreau liqueur, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 7 oz. low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. Cointreau liqueur, optional
To make Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. Sift together 1 cup plus 3 Tbs. flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Beat brown sugar; oil; Cointreau, if using; and vanilla in separate bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt to egg mixture until combined.
3. Toss blueberries with remaining 1 Tbs. flour, and fold into batter. Pour into prepared pan, and bake 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
To make Glaze:
4. Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. If not using Cointreau, add 1 Tbs. water.
5. Unmold Cake, and poke top all over with wooden skewer. Brush Cake with Glaze. Cool completely before serving.
- Serving Size: Serves 12
- Calories: 205
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 36 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 211 mg
- Sugar Content: 17 g