This hearty dish matches up compatible tastes and textures. Recipe courtesy of Marianne Siroker, CSA member.
- 1 cup diced red potatoes, skin on
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 small portobellos, sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. kale, stemmed and torn into large pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock, wine or water
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté the mushrooms, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes, or until the shallots are soft and the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the kale to the skillet, and cook, stirring often, about 1 minute. Add the stock and the cooked potatoes. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until the kale is bright green.
- Serving Size: Serves 2
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 150 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g