Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
If you are serving more than four, the first part of the recipe doubles easily, and the quantity of sauce given below will suffice.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Blot well between several layers of paper towel, then cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- In shallow bowl, mix wheat germ, seasoning mix and salt. Add tofu sticks and coat with mixture. Arrange breaded tofu on a lightly oiled nonstick baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the cutlets are golden and firm.
- Meanwhile, make tartar sauce. In small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Serve cutlets warm with sauce as a topping or on the side.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 269
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 501 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g