You can have this breakfast ready in no time. Vary the dried fruit depending on the seasondried cranberries and tart cherries are fine substitutes for the blueberries.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 3-oz. pkg. dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tbs. plain nonfat yogurt for garnish
- 1/2 pint blueberries for garnish
- Put ricotta cheese, dried blueberries, brown sugar, lemon extract and lemon zest in mixing bowl, and blend well.
- Sprinkle 1 tortilla with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Put about 1/3 cup blueberry mixture on half of tortilla, and fold over other half to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas, mozzarella and blueberry mixture.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Cook quesadillas, one or two at a time, until golden on bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip over, cook second side until golden. Top each quesadilla with dollop of yogurt and sprinkling of blueberries. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 490
- Carbohydrate Content: 69 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 420 mg
- Sugar Content: 33 g