Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
If you prefer, the eggs can easily be omitted from this dish.
- In large pot, place potatoes, and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In very large heavy skillet (see Note), heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, 5 minutes. Add potatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy and brown, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, bell peppers, rosemary and “sausages.” Cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers soften, about 10 minutes. Stir in spinach, and cook, stirring often, just until spinach wilts.
- Break eggs over hash, and cook until eggs are set. Quickly flip eggs over to briefly cook on other side, about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with dash of chipotle powder if desired. Serve hot.
Note: If you do not have a large skillet, use two 10-inch skillets. Cook onions and potatoes in one skillet and garlic, peppers, rosemary and breakfast links in another. Add sausage mixture to potatoes just before adding eggs.
- Serving Size 6 Servings
- Calories 359
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 142 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 550 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g