Chia seeds are nutritional powerhouses, great for lubricating the colon and getting things moving—just be sure to drink plenty of water or fresh ginger tea when you start the day with this amazing breakfast. This chia seed breakfast bowl recipe makes a heavenly and nourishing breakfast porridge.
- 1/3 Chia seeds
- 1 tsp goji berries or raisins
- 2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 whole dairy, oat or almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, optional
- Combine the chia seeds, goji berries, and coconut in a small bowl. Add the milk. Set aside for 5 minutes. Give it a good stir and clear out any clumps. Fold in the coconut sugar, cardamom, and optional nutmeg.
Recipe copyright Talya Lutzker and Talya's Kitchen, 2014