Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Start your day right with this handy and portable breakfast sandwich, which just as easily becomes the centerpiece of a more leisurely sit-down breakfast when you can relax over the morning newspaper. Plenty of steaming hot coffee and fresh fruit complete the repast.
1. Warm pita in oven, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. When warm, add soy “sausage,” and crumble. Add scallions and mushrooms, and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Combine eggs, heavy cream, if using, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper, stirring well. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in egg mixture. Continue stirring slowly until eggs set, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Slit warmed pita in half for 2 equal-sized pieces. Spoon in equal portions of egg mixture, and top with ranch salad dressing, avocado, if using, and watercress.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g