Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve this hearty Broccoli-and-Cheddar-Stuffed Baked Potatoes recipe for an easy lunch or dinner. The bacon bits are made from soy; brands like Frontier and Lightlife offer them in all-natural form. If desired, you can individually wrap each prepared stuffed potato in foil and freeze. Bake at 350°F to defrost and cook through, about 30 minutes. See alsoSeared Tofu Cutlets or Chicken Breasts over Wild Mushrooms, with Creamy Sage & Green-Peppercorn Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine broccoli, salt and 2/3 cup water. Cover, bring to a boil and cook until broccoli is just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out flesh into medium bowl, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shells. With fork, mix “cheese” and “sour cream” into potato flesh; fold in cooked broccoli. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Heap filling into potato shells, packing lightly. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon “bacon” bits over each, pressing into place. Set stuffed potatoes on prepared baking sheet and bake until “cheese” has melted and filling is heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 424 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g