Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Enjoy this no-crust savory custard pie with a salad for lunch or dinner. For a variation, substitute 5 cups spinach for the broccoli. Serve with warm whole-grain bread.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, 1 1/2 minutes. Add broccoli, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Spread mixture in pie pan.
- Combine milk, cheese, mustard, egg whites, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in large bowl. Pour over broccoli mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until top is golden and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 160
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 85 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 370 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g