This crunchy salad comes together quickly and can be made in advance. Five-spice pressed tofu and Chinese black vinegar can be found at most Asian grocery stores. Chinese black vinegar, in particular, is worth seeking out for its malty sweet quality.
- 2-cup servingServings
- 2 Tbs. roasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. Chinese black vinegar or 1 Tbs. rice vinegar plus 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. sriracha or any chile-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 1-lb. pkg. broccoli slaw
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 7 oz. five-spice pressed tofu, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 4 Tbs. chopped roasted peanuts
1. To make Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt, if desired.
2. To make Salad: toss together all ingredients with Dressing in large bowl.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 221
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 190 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g