Heres a quick and easy way to add some excitement (and extra vitamin C) to cancer-fighting broccoli. The orange sauce can also be used to dress up just about any steamed vegetable such as cauliflower, green beans and asparagus.
- 8 cups broccoli florets (about 2 large heads)
- 1 Tbs. soy margarine or unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Steam broccoli, covered, 6 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine in small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add orange juice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook, uncovered, 2 minutes.
- Pour orange sauce over broccoli, and toss well. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 220 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g