This gravy goes well with the Bulgur-Almond Stuffing (November '98, p. 69).
- 2 1/2 Tbs. soy margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt margarine or butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk together about 30 seconds; then add broth slowly while whisking. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and pepper. Cook until gravy achieves desired thickness. Pour into a gravy boat or bowl and stir in parsley. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 5 servings
- Calories: 49
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 732 mg