30 minutes or fewer
If you like, top each bruschetta with a thin shaving of pecorino Toscano, a mild cheese from Tuscany. Makes about 1 1/2 cups purée.
- Squeeze artichokes to extract any liquid. Blot dry on paper towels.
- Place artichokes, olive oil, tapenade and brown sugar in food processor; chop finely.
- Spread 1 heaping Tbs. on each bruschetta toast; sprinkle with olive oil, and serve.
For an even more authentic taste of Tuscany, toast these on the grill.
- 12 1/2-inch-thick slices good-quality Italian bread
- 1 large clove garlic, cut in half
- Preheat broiler, and place oven rack about 6 inches from heat. Place bread on baking sheet, and broil 2 to 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Turn toast over, and repeat. When cool enough to handle, rub one side of each toast with cut garlic clove.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 299
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 602 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g