When selecting your sprouts, choose those that are firm and fully green.
- 4 pints Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbs. orange juice
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. granulated sugar or 1 1/2 tsp. brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 Tbs. orange zest in long strips
- Discard and trim off yellow leaves and base from sprouts. Cut into quarters. Cook in boiling salted water until just tender, 4 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Whisk orange and lemon juices, sugar, salt and white pepper together. Drizzle in walnut oil while whisking.
- Toss sprouts with walnuts, zest and dressing.
- Serve immediately, or reserve in warm oven for up to 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: Serves 12
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 110 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g