Susan Cava, the owner of a dog care company in New York, went veg 13 years ago after a visit to a veal farm. She's thrilled to share this dish with VT readers, because it's "the only dish I can cook and if I can do it, anyone can."
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4.5 oz. cooked lentils
- Paprika for garnish, optional
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic, and sauté until fragrant. Reduce heat, and add curry and cumin. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add cauliflower and tomatoes, and sauté until cauliflower is tender. Add lentils; cook 1 to 2 minutes to heat through. Add salt to taste, and garnish with sprinkling of paprika, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 2
- Calories: 217
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 14 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Sugar Content: 11 g