Recipe by Chef Alexandra Borgia, Natural Gourmet Institute
1. Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit. Place pistachios on a baking sheet and toast for about 15 minutes, remove and allow to cool. Once they are cooled, roughly chop and set aside. Increase the oven temperature to 400°.
2. Rinse bulgur and toast in a small sauce pot until lightly browned, then carefully add boiling water (it may splatter) and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir, cover and let steam for 30 minutes. When fully cooked, spread out on a baking sheet or plate to cool.
3. Place diced squash in a bowl and drizzle with one tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon salt; toss to coat.
Place squash on a baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
4. Transfer the squash, bulgur, pistachios and sun dried tomatoes to a large bowl and gently mix.
5. In a small bowl, add the remainder of oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk until incorporated.
Stir the dressing into the salad, then fold in the scallions and parsley.
Photography by Alexandra Shytsman, National Gourmet Institute
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g