Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The tang of feta cheese gives this simple dish character. For a pleasing accompaniment, try sliced oranges and red onion drizzled with vinaigrette.
- In small saucepan, combine bulgur, salt and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, covered.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, 30 to 60 seconds; do not brown. Stir in tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and oregano; mix well. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and increase heat to medium-high. Cook until broccoli is just tender, uncovering and stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked bulgur, feta and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and serve.
- Serving Size 6 servings
- Calories 245
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 512 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g