Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This French twist on buttermilk pancakes makes an elegant brunch or dessert offering. For casual gatherings, pass a platter of plain crêpes around the table, and cluster filling options (see suggestions, below) in the center so guests can choose their own.
- Place all crêpe ingredients in blender; blend until no lumps remain. (Scrape down sides to incorporate all ingredients.) Let batter rest 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200F. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; warm over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, whisk batter several times until consistency of heavy cream. If necessary, thin with up to 1/4 cup water.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet. Lift skillet, and swirl batter around to coat bottom. Return to heat, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until edges begin to brown and air bubbles form under center of crêpe.
- Slide edge of spatula under and around sides of crêpe. Carefully flip over, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, until browned. Transfer warm oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
- If serving with a specific filling, spoon line of filling down middle of each crêpe, and roll or fold closed. Place 2 or 3 filled crêpes on each plate, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 6 (makes 16 to 18 crêpes)
- Calories 276
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 130 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 297 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g