- 1 medium butternut squash (1 1/2 lbs.), peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 8-oz. pkg. light cream cheese
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. garam masala (optional)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup prepared taco sauce
- 1 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. Add squash to boiling water and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain squash, transfer to large bowl and mash well. Add cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon and garam masala if desired; blend with hand mixer until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste. Mix in half of the onions.
- To assemble: Place 1/2 cup squash mixture along center of each tortilla, roll up tightly and arrange seam side down in prepared pan. Top with taco sauce then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve hot with remaining onions, tomato and lettuce.
- Serving Size: 8 servings
- Calories: 299
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 28 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 453 mg