- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lb. frozen butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted (see Note)
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- In a 3 1/2-quart pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth and squash. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Once cooled, puree mixture in 2 batches, adding half the yogurt to each batch.
- Reheat sauce gently. Toss with pasta. Top with pine nuts and chives.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6 Servings
- Calories: 183
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 60 mg