Celebrities may get all the press in Hollywood, but avocados are the food stars of southern California. Because the grapefruit in this recipe keeps the avocado from browning, the filling can be made up to 2 hours ahead, then spooned into the endive leaves just before serving.
- ENDIVE CUPServings
- 4 large ruby red grapefruit
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped red onion
- 2 large endive, leaves separated
- Slice grapefruit in half crosswise. Scoop between membranes with spoon to release grapefruit segments, and place in medium bowl. Squeeze juice from empty grapefruit half into second bowl. Repeat with remaining grapefruit.
- Add avocado and red onion to grapefruit segments. Add 2 Tbs. grapefruit juice, and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 2 tsp. grapefruit filling in center of each endive leaf. Arrange on platter, and serve.
- Serving Size: Makes about 24 cups
- Calories: 42
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 37 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g