As this recipe illustrates, pomegranates can complement many kinds of foodsand with these chiles they create an appealing appetizer for a fall or winter meal.
- Preheat broiler. Line large baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Broil chiles, turning as needed, until skins blister and blacken, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pull off skins and discard. Slit chiles lengthwise through one side and scoop out and discard seeds and veins, leaving stems intact.
- In mixing bowl, combine orange and lime juices. Place avocado cubes in bowl. Add jalapeño, scallions, fresh coriander and pomegranate arils. Stir, then season mixture with salt.
- Place chiles on plates, slit side up. Spoon equal amounts of salad into each chile. Sprinkle cheese over top and serve.
Smoky peppers and tangy pomegranate arils combine well with California’s Pedroncelli’s Vintage Selection Zinfandel Rose.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 170
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 115 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g