This tropical slaw is often served both on its own and as an addition to tortillas filled with rice, beans, grated cheese and a fresh salsa. You may make this several hours ahead.
- 1/2 medium-sized head of cabbage, sliced thinly as for coleslaw
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, adjust seasonings, place in large covered serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 35
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 20 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g