Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Chinese long beans—18-inch green beans sold in Asian markets—stay crisp in stir-frys.
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in bowl. Add tempeh and stir to coat. Marinate 30 minutes. Drain, reserving marinade. Whisk 1/4 cup water and cornstarch into marinade.
- Heat 1 Tbs. vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tempeh and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer tempeh to plate with slotted spoon.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs. vegetable oil to skillet. Add green beans and bell pepper, and stir-fry 6 minutes. Add mushrooms, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add tempeh and marinade to skillet, and cook, 1 minute, stirring often, or until sauce thickens slightly. Sprinkle with green onions, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 179
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 374 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g