- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 Tbs. capers, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. dry capellini (angle hair)
- Fresh basil, cut into thin strips for garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Peel, seed and dice tomatoes, saving juice. Set aside in medium bowl.
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes with reserved juice and simmer 10 minutes. Add red peppers, olives and capers, and simmer 15 minutes more. Add basil during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- When water boils, add salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain well and transfer to shallow serving bowl.
- Spoon tomato mixture over capellini and toss briefly. Garnish with thinly sliced basil and cheese. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 223
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 124 mg