- 2 red Delicious apples, cut in wedges
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut in wedges
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 large navel oranges
- 2 regular bananas or 8 baby bananas
- 1 medium-sized fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 4 oz. dried papaya, optional
- 4 oz. dried mango, optional
- 4 oz. dried pineapple, optional
- 3 cups cubed cake, either angel food or pound cake
- 1 lb. assorted cookies
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. commercial caramel candies
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Dip apple wedges in apple juice to prevent browning, then set aside. Peel oranges, using hands to keep skin on sections unbroken. Break apart sections and place on rack to dry for 1 hour. Cut regular bananas into 1-inch lengths.
- Heat cream in saucepan over medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring, until melted, about 10 minutes. Stir in rum.
- Transfer caramel mixture to fondue pot or crockpot and serve. Keep fondue warm over alcohol burner or in crockpot over lowest setting. Serve with selection of accompaniments.
Both these dessert fondues call for fruits and pastries, so please all those who have gathered with a Champagne-style wine, such as Gloria Ferrer Royal Cuvée.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 45 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 160 mg