The filling is equally good on any kind of sturdy bread or on premade pizza rounds. You may roast the vegetables up to two days ahead.
- 1 1/2 lb. winter squash, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 large sweet onion such as Maui, Bermuda or Vidalia, sliced very thin
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 tsp. dried crumbled sage
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. mashed garlic
- 2 premade medium-sized pizza rounds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place sliced squash and onion in baking dish, and toss with rosemary, sage, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons olive oil to coat. Cover with foil or tight-fitting lid.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until squash is tender and onions begin to caramelize. Remove from oven, and increase temperature to 375F.
- Mix remaining olive oil with remaining salt, pepper and garlic. Brush each pizza with mixture. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese, and top with caramelized squash and crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees 15 minutes to heat through. Remove from oven, and serve.
- Serving Size: SERVES 6
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 1220 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g