A moist and sweet double-layer cake accented with fresh spices and lemon zest. The creamy cashew frosting makes this cake a delectably decadent dessert. And you won’t even notice that it’s sugar-free,
- If carrots are ground in food processor, press off excess juice through a strainer or cheesecloth.
- In food processor, combine almonds, raisins and dates; process until finely ground, or homogenize through juicer.
- Mix carrot pulp, spices, and zest in large bowl.
- Frosting: In food processor or blender, combine cashews, raisins and raisin water, dates and date water and lemon; process until smooth. Add extra soak water from cake if necessary for desired consistency.
- Line 10-inch pie pan with plastic wrap and press cake mixture into pan. Turn pan over onto serving plate, remove pan and plastic wrap. Spread 1/2 cup frosting over top of first layer. Repeat molding with remaining mixture and gently release on top of first frosted layer. Touch up and reshape cake as needed. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake. Garnish with whole or chopped almonds and cinnamon.
- Serving Size 10 Servings
- Calories 422
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 34 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g