Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- 4-6 servingsServings
For the salad:
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin half moons
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1 cup pitted and chopped green Sicilian olives
- 1/2 head radicchio
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch arugula
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of cracked red pepper (optional)
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced oregano
1. In bowl, combine carrots, celery, onion and olives.
2. To make the dressing, blend together vinegar, rice syrup, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil, little by little in a steady stream; whisk until emulsified. Add minced herbs.
3. Pour dressing over vegetables; let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Serve over salad greens.
See Also: Mushroom Ragout