Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Savory miso paste with lemon creates a thick sauce that’s ideal both for drying veggies and dressing up a stir-fry.
1. In a bowl, whisk together miso paste, zest and juice, honey, garlic, and ¼ cup water.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high.
3. Add oil, bell pepper, radicchio, and celery, and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, stir in miso mixture, and sprinkle with cashews.
5. Divide vegetable stir-fry and rice, barley, or quinoa among 4 plates and top with jalapeño, if desired.
6. Garnish each plate with ½ cup dehydrated Brussels sprouts, kale, or seaweed. Serve immediately.
Hint: To make Brussels sprout crisps, clean, quarter, and coat raw sprouts with a mix of 3 tbsp white miso paste and juice of one lemon. Place onto a dehydrator tray so they do not touch, and dry at 135°F until crunchy and firm, about 4 hours.
- Serving Size 4
- Calories 20
- Carbohydrate Content 66 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g